Please read and scroll down to accept these terms and conditions before making a payment.
THE AKUMAL DIRECT RESERVATION NETWORK offers online vacation rentals for Akumal and the surrounding area, travel information and a guide to local businesses and service providers.
RESERVATIONS AND DEPOSIT
Akumal Direct Reservations accepts Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. Payment can also be arranged by personal check or money order. Upon clients instruction to confirm reservation payment must be processed within five days in order maintain a legitimate reservations.
Reservations made less than 60 days prior to arrival will require payment in full for final confirmation
Reservations made more than 60 days prior to arrival will require payment of 50% of total amount due, with balance due 60 days prior to arrival.
All HOLIDAY reservations require payment in full by July 1st or at the time of the booking to confirm.
Once your payment is processed you will receive confirmation voucher, driving, arrival and check-in instructions via e-mail.
CANCELATION POLICY Cancelations are effective on the date written notice is received by fax or e-mail in our office. If a refund is applicable, refund payment will be processed within two weeks of cancelation notice and will be in the form of US Check or refund to credit card account.
The following assessments will apply to cancelations: A fee of 5% of the total rental value will be applied to all canceled reservations to cover any incurred credit card or payment processing fees. Please allow 2-4 weeks from the date of cancelation for the refund to appear on your credit card statement.
- Cancelation prior to 60 days from arrival date will result in a cancelation fee of 5% of the Total Rent.
- Cancelation 31 - 60 days prior to arrival date will result in the forfeit of 50% of the Total Rent
- Cancelation less than 30 days prior to arrival date will result in the forfeit of 100% of Total Rent
- Cancelation for any holiday reservation (Christmas, New Year's, Easter, and Thanksgiving weeks) will result in the forfeit of 100% of Total Rent.
Some property owners will authorize rescheduling or credit towards a future stay. This strictly depends on the individual property owner and can not be guaranteed without authorization from said owner.
Your reservation will not be subject to refund in case of cancelation due to Hurricane, natural disaster, or other "acts of God". We strongly suggest that you purchase hurricane travel insurance prior to paying the final balance of your reservation.
SECURITY DEPOSITS Some properties require security deposits. Please check property's individual webpage to see if a security deposit applies. Security deposits will be collected upon your arrival by the property manager. Please provide deposit in cash or traveler's cheques.
FOR YOUR PROTECTION: We highly recommend that you purchase Travel Insurance when traveling internationally in order to protect your travel investment. We do not have any affiliation with an insurance broker, however Travel Safe is a good place to start. https://www.travelsafe.com/
Akumal Direct Reservations is a property rental agency. Akumal Direct portrays the properties as they are to the best of our ability and has no responsibility for the conditions of the rental properties or problems arising therefrom. Akumal Direct cannot be held liability for any injuries, accidents, theft or misfortune that may befall the client during their stay. Questions or complaints regarding the reserved property(s) must be directed to on-site property staff and/or management of said property(s).
Akumal Direct Reservations accepts Visa, Discover, and MasterCard. Payment can also be arranged by personal check or money order. Upon clients instruction to confirm reservation payment must be processed within seven days in order maintain a legitimate reservations.
1) RENTAL BALANCE Your deposit is due within 7 days of the date your Rental Agreement. The final balance of your reservation will be payable 60 days prior to arrival.
2) CHECK-IN TIME IS 3:00 PM: Plan to arrive at your villa or condominium no earlier than 3:00 PM. Do not use the unit or premises before this time. WE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO ENSURE YOUR UNIT IS READY AT 3:00 PM BUT WE CANNOT GUARANTEE. CHECK-OUT TIME IS 11:00 AM.
3) OCCUPANCY:The Guest agrees not to exceed the occupancy allowed by this property as described in this Rental Agreement (babies in cribs are not included). Akumal Direct Reservations does not rent to minors. Penalty for violation of this Agreement will result in charges for the additional person (s) or the immediate termination of the rental agreement with no refund for any remaining nights.
4) PENALTY FOR VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT: If Guest violates any of the conditions or restrictions of this Agreement, the Guest agrees that the Agent and/or Manager of the property may terminate this Agreement and enter the Property. Upon notice of termination of the Agreement, the Guest and all invitees of Guest shall vacate the Property immediately without being entitled to any refund of rent or security deposit.
5) DAMAGES/SECURITY DEPOSIT: Damages include accidental breakage or damages to the property in excess of "normal wear and tear" which is deemed to be a maximum of $75.00 USD. Any damages in excess of this amount will be deducted from the security deposit.
Guest agrees to surrender property in the same condition as at commencement of the rental period. In cases of abuse and malicious damage to rental property in excess of the security deposit, Guest will reimburse Agent and/or Owner the amount of all damage including excessive housekeeping expenses and reasonable attorney's fees. Fees will be charged to authorized credit card.
6) INDEMNIFICATION OF AGENT BY GUEST: Guest agrees to indemnify and save Agent, its employees, other Agents and Managers, free and harmless from any claim or liability for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from, related to, or in connection with rental of the Dwelling, including but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury or damage or loss of property which is made, incurred or sustained by any Guest or any Guest's invitee.
7) LEASEHOLDER RESPONSIBILITIES: While there may be numerous occupants in a given dwelling, only the reserving party will be held responsible by the Agent for the payment and other lease holder responsibilities enumerated in the lease.
8) REPAIRS/CONSTRUCTION:Even the best or newest equipment occasionally malfunctions and cannot be guaranteed 100% of the time. Akumal Direct Reservation and the Property Owners use the best administrative staff and maintenance personnel available in the Akumal area. Problems are corrected as soon as humanly possible. Agent, Manager or an authorized employee or repairman may enter the premises during business hours for any purpose connected with the repair, care or maintenance of the premises. Refunds will not be issued due to malfunctioning equipment or other Guest dissatisfaction. Akumal Direct Reservations rents properties in a highly desirable developing resort area with properties occasionally under construction. Guests will not be moved or refunds given due to construction noise. You should expect a courteous and professional attitude toward problem solving.
9) PETS: Pets are not permitted in most properties, or on the premises without prior written approval and payment of an additional security deposit.
10) PROPERTY AVAILABILITY: In the event that the owner of the privately owned dwelling makes the dwelling unavailable, or should the dwelling be undergoing any major repairs, Agent shall be held harmless by Guest. Agent will make every effort to move Guests to comparable accommodations at the original rate. If comparable accommodations are not available, the Guest agrees to accept a full refund of any monies paid.
11) CANCELATION POLICY: Cancelations are effective on the date written notice is received by fax or e-mail in our office. The following assessments will apply: 61+ days prior to arrival date 5% of rent; 31 - 60 days prior to arrival 50% of rent; Less than 30 days prior to arrival 100% of rent. Every reasonable attempt will be made to re-rent the property in which case a refund with respect to the amount of re-rental will be made.
12) NO REFUNDS FOR EARLY CHECK-OUTS OR NO SHOWS: Guest agrees that once they have checked in to the property, no refund will be made for early check-outs. If Guest does not cancel the reservation and does not arrive for the Guest's rental period, all monies paid will be forfeited.
13) HURRICANE EVACUATION POLICY: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY - Agent will not issue any refunds for hurricane evacuations or any other natural disasters. Guest may purchase travel insurance which will cover mandatory hurricane evacuations and all other natural disasters. We do not have any affiliation with an insurance broker, however Travel Safe is a good place to start. https://www.travelsafe.com/
14) PERSONAL PROPERTY/VALUABLES: Lock all doors when you leave your accommodations. Do not leave money or valuables unattended in the Villa. Neither Agent nor Owner will be held liable for any thefts. Thoroughly check all drawers and closets before departing. Agent only returns left behind items upon request at the Guest's expense which includes a $100.00 USD fee.
15) AMENITIES: Akumal Direct Reservations may not issue refunds for non-functioning or closed amenities. Akumal Direct Reservations can not be held responsible for acts of nature which may affect the local area's natural amenities and/or inconvenience a renters vacation.
16) OWNERS CLOSETS: Within each property some closets or cabinets may be locked or inaccessible. These are for Owner use only and will not be available for Guest use.
17) PROHIBITED VEHICLES: Parking is not allowed on the streets. The communities do not allow campers, motor homes, motorcycles, boats and boat trailers, or recreational vehicles.
18) USE: Any use of the dwelling other than residential use during a family vacation must be approved in writing by the Agent. If the dwelling is to be used for any event such as weddings, receptions, "parties" or large gatherings, the Guest agrees to submit a request for approval to the Agent and adhere to the Agent's determination on that request. If the Agent approves the event, the Guest will be required to pay an "event fee" and an additional security deposit. If the Guest misrepresents an event (said misrepresentation to be determined by the Agent), the Guest will forfeit the security deposit paid and may be asked to vacate the property and will not be entitled to any refund.
19) HOMES/VILLAS: Neither Akumal Direct Reservations, Journeyer, LLC or the Owner shall be responsible for providing any additional furnishings or equipment not available presently in the residence. It is understood that each property and its furnishings are privately owned and Akumal Direct Reservations, Journeyer, LLC, acts solely as the Rental Agent for the owner. If furniture is moved, you will be responsible for any charges incurred in returning it to its proper location. Internet access is usually pretty reliable, but on occasion we do have outages and must wait for the service provider to make their repairs. For this reason, we can not guarantee the availability of the internet service at your property during your stay.
20) SAFETY: Akumal is not free of petty theft. Every house is fitted with a safe and there are locks on all doors and windows. Your manager will explain about security and your caretakers will show you how to lock the doors and windows. Please give them your full attention and don't forget to lock up valuables and always lock doors and windows when leaving. We also highly recommend locking up when enjoying the pool or beach.
Akumal Direct Reservation is a property rental agency. Akumal Direct portrays the properties as they are, to the best of our ability, and has no responsibility for the conditions of the rental properties or problems arising therefrom. Akumal Direct cannot be held liability for any injuries, accidents, theft or misfortune that may befall the client during their stay. Questions or complaints regarding the reserved property(s) must be directed to on-site property staff and/or management of said property(s).
Payment in full of your reservation indicates that you acknowledge these rental policies and agree to abide by the conditions of occupancy as set forth with in this rental agreement.
Thank you again and have a great vacation!