1. RESERVATIONS AND DEPOSIT
Akumal Direct Reservations accepts Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. Payment can also be arranged by a personal check or PayPal. Upon clients, instruction to confirm reservation payment must be processed within two days in order to maintain legitimate reservations.
- Reservations made less than 90 days prior to arrival will require payment in full for final confirmation
- Reservations made more than 90 days prior to arrival will require payment of 50% of the total amount due, with the balance due 90 days prior to arrival.
- All HOLIDAY reservations require payment in full by July 1st or at the time of the booking to confirm.
Once your payment is processed you will receive confirmation voucher, driving, arrival, and check-in instructions via e-mail.
2. RESERVATION CHANGE FEE
Changes made within 48 hours of confirmation will be at no charge. Any other or subsequent changes made after 48 hours of confirmation will be subject to a Reservation Change Fee of $50.00 US. This fee is non-refundable.
3. SECURITY DEPOSITS
Some properties require security deposits. Please check the property's individual webpage to see if a security deposit applies. Security deposits will be collected upon your arrival by the property manager. Please provide a deposit in cash or traveler's cheques.
Akumal Direct Reservations is a property rental agency. Akumal Direct portrays the properties as they are to the best of our ability and has no responsibility for the conditions of the rental properties or problems arising therefrom. Akumal Direct cannot be held liable for any injuries, accidents, theft, or misfortune that may befall the client during their stay. Questions or complaints regarding the reserved property(s) must be directed to on-site property staff and/or management of said property(s).
An accidental Damage Plan is required and needs to be paid on the balance due date.
Damages include accidental breakage or damages to the property in excess of “normal wear and tear” which is deemed to be a maximum of U$100.00 USD (depending on the property) and covers up to US$1000.00. All damages in excess of this amount will be claimed by the agency.
Guest agrees to surrender property in the same condition as it was at the commencement of the rental period. In cases of abuse, negligence, or malicious damage to rental property, the Guest will reimburse Agent and/or Owner the amount of all damage including excessive housekeeping expenses and reasonable attorney’s fees.
Cancelations are effective on the date written notice is received by e-mail in our office. If a refund is applicable, refund payment will be processed within 4-6 weeks of cancelation notice and will be in the form of a US Check or refund to a credit card account.
The following assessments will apply to cancelations
- Reservation cancellation where the cancellation notice is received 90 days or more prior to the date of arrival will be assessed a cancellation fee of 5% of the total charges as indicated on the confirmation document.
- Cancellation for any holiday reservation (Christmas, New Year's, Easter, and Thanksgiving weeks) will result in the forfeit of 100% of the Total Rent.
- Some property owners will authorize rescheduling or credit towards a future stay. This strictly depends on the individual property owner and can not be guaranteed.
Your reservation will not be subject to refund in case of cancelation due to a Hurricane, natural disaster, or other "acts of God".
We urge you purchase Travel Insurance prior to paying the final balance of your reservation and protect your vacation investment. We do not have any affiliation with an insurance broker, however, Travel Safe is a good place to start: https://www.travelsafe.com/