You are here
Sister property to Villas on the Reef, La Joya is another great option for mid-range beachfront condominiums. La Joya has a great location along Half Moon Bay with a nice wide sandy beach and excellent snorkeling right in front.
Guests of La Joya love the quiet location while being an easy walk to and from La Buena Vida Restaurant/Bar, La Lunita, and Que Onda.
La Joya offers one and two bedroom condominiums with especially nice views of Half Moon Bay and the Caribbean. Each unit offers a well-equipped kitchen with breakfast bar.
The living and dining areas are bright and comfortable affording an excellent opportunity to enjoy the view from a wall of glass. The beachside terraces are furnished with table and chairs for enjoying a cold drink or your morning coffee.
* 1 bedroom, 1st level, sleeps 2.
* 1 king bed, 1 bathroom, fully equipped kitchen, living room, dining table, air conditioning, ocean view, exterior ocean view patio, Wifi internet. Beach Level.
* 1 bedroom, 1st level, sleeps 2.
* largest one bedroom condo, 1 king bed, 1 bathroom, fully equipped kitchen, living room, dining area, air conditioning, ocean view, exterior ocean view patio, Wifi internet. Can be combined with Studio 3 to make a two-bedroom condo. Beach Level.
* Studio, 1st level, sleeps 2.
* one room studio efficiency, 1 king bed, 1 bathroom, mini fridge, stove top, air conditioning, ocean view, exterior ocean view patio, Wifi internet. Can be combined with Condo 2 to make a two-bedroom condo. Beach Level.
* 1 bedroom, 2nd level, sleeps 2.
* 1 king bed, 1 bathroom, fully equipped kitchen, living room, dining table, air conditioning, ocean view, exterior ocean view balcony, Wifi internet. Second Floor
* 2 bedrooms, 2nd level, sleeps 4.
* 1 king bed and 2 single beds (can be put together to make a king), 2 bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen, living room, dining area, air conditioning, ocean view, exterior ocean view balcony, Wifi internet. Second floor.
* 2 bedrooms, 3rd level, sleeps 4.
* 1 king bed and 2 single beds (can be put together to make a king), 2 bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen, living room, dining area, air conditioning, ocean view, exterior ocean view balcony, Wifi internet. Third Floor.
LA JOYA CONDOS NIGHTLY RATES
|Season||2020 Dates||1 BR (1, 4)||1 BR (2)||Studio (3)||2 BR (5)||1 BR (6)||2 BR (7)||2 BR (2+3)|
|High Season||Jan 6 - Apr 17||$175||$187||$139||$242||$185||$300||$242|
|Mid Season||Apr 18 - Dec 18||$133||$151||$114||$181||$155||$230||$181|
|Holiday Season||Dec 19 - Jan 4, 2021||$266||$302||$181||$357||$250||$400||$357|
- PLEASE ADD 19% TAX, TAX IS NOT INCLUDED.
- Nonrefundable damage waiver of US$40 required.
- Rates are in US Dollars.
- Holiday reservations require a 7-night minimum. High season 5 nights min, Low season 3 nights min, unless otherwise agreed.
- PET POLICY - No pets, please.
- Ocean View Condominiums with Pool
- Beachfront on Half Moon Bay
- Central Air Conditioning
- WiFi Internet Zone
- Lock Box in Unit
- Close walking distance to restaurants and other points of interest
- On-site Reception Office open late
- Quiet Location
- Purified Drinking Water Provided
- Easy access to great snorkeling
- Chaise Lounges and other beach furnishings provided
- Shade Palapas for guest use on beach
5/5* "Fantastic!!" by Bennett S., Jan 2018, VRBO
We had a fantastic stay!!~ From start to finish. We rode down from Cancun on a shuttle, then were greeted by our host, who even helped take our luggage to the 3rd floor. He showed us around our amazing apartment, which has everything one could need. They had 2 bottles of wine waiting for us, red and a white!!~ They also provided coffee and sugar!!~ The balcony is just the right size for 2 people, we move the table to the back, near the doors, so that I may stand along the rail and gaze out at the beauty of Half Moon Bay. From there you may look down on the water and see the concrete walkway that helps you get into the bay.. VERY HELPFUL. We snorkeled every day, and the walkway makes it MUCH easier!!~ They even have an outside shower to clean yourself and snorkel gear... Fantastic!!~ We never rented a golf cart during our 4 days, we walked everywhere. We ate at Buena Vida, Lunita, and Turtle Bay Cafe. We didn't pre-make reservations for Lunita but I do recommend walking down at some point during the day to make reservations for dinner... by dinner they are full!!~ Be sure to ask for an outside table!!~ We ate there twice!!~ YUM!!~ We did have our shuttle driver from Cancun stop in Playa del Carmen to pick up groceries, we ate breakfast at the apartment, then ate out for our other meals. We did see another guests use the grill near the pool, which I would do in the future!!~ We never made it to a cenote, we just went right out into the bay!!~ I did stop in at the small corner stores which neither have much, but do have snacks n things. There were 2 small things I would like to see changed, a privacy screen on the very small bathroom window, during the day it's fine, but if i showered at night, I could see the other condos near me. I just opened the window and placed a towel in there and felt better. Also, the lighting isn't ideal, lots of overhead lighting with one floor lamp. I prefer warmer lighting and these were bright blue type lighting. I just used the lighting over the bar area. Very small issues for an absolutely fantastic apartment in a grand location!!!~ Thank You, we hope to be back someday!!~
5/5* "Lovely and quiet" by Joni H. from Morrison, Colorado, Jan 2018, VRBO
We have previously rented homes on the main strip in Tulum and have found that it is now just so busy and crowded that it is difficult to enjoy. This location is absolutely lovely with a nice balcony overlooking the beach. The staff is wonderful, very welcoming, friendly and professional. The cleaning staff left the condo spotless every day. We rented bikes one day and visited all of the shops to buy souvenirs and enjoyed strolling down the beach for dinner. I highly recommend this stay!
5/5* "Unforgettable!" by Pablo T., Dec 2017, VRBO
We could not have asked for a better place. The condo is in a beautiful location, quiet, away from the Cancun and Playa del Carmen hustle & bustle. Super comfortable, well equipped modern. There is a couch and an air mattress available, where kids slept. The staff is extremely friendly and always making sure our needs were met - special thanks to Sheila!
The beach is spectacular. If there were 50 people at any given time, I'd be exaggerating. Not only is it a quiet place, but unlike the big beaches in Tulum, Cancun and Playa del Carmen, Half Moon Bay is not that windy. One thing - bring water shoes, as the rocks might be an issue.
Many thanks to all the staff, I look forward to returning!
5/5* "A perfect, quiet getaway" by Tony W., Oct 2017, VRBO
Everything about the stay at La Joya #6 was perfect. The views from this condo are absolutely breathtaking. There were no surprises and the staff was wonderful. This is the most relaxing spot spend a vacation. Every picture used to market this condo was spot on and little things made our trip completely top-notch. If you’re looking for place to go with a quiet setting away from the hustle and bustle, this is the place.
5/5* "Cozy, comfortable and quiet retreat" by Larry N., Jun 2017, VRBO
Akumal is quite remote-- and perfect for folks wanting a quiet getaway from urban activity. The condo is very comfortable. No cable, but wired with access to the web, Netflix, etc so just the perfect degree of being removed from it all. I highly recommend the place. The sea turtle females were coming at night to lay their eggs just feet from our condo which was invaluable to witness...
5/5* "The Best Condo in Akumal" by Kristin A., Jun 2017, VRBO
Words cannot describe how incredible our stay at the La Joya condo was. The condo was perfect in every way. I can't tell you how many times my fiancé and I sat on the porch and told each other that we lucked out and found the best condo in Akumal. The staff was wonderful. They were friendly and helpful in recommending restaurants and activities. The condo itself was perfect. It had everything we needed, and it was honestly the best condo in the area -renovated, clean, best views and location. We bought some water shoes (they are definitely necessary), and we spent a lot of time floating on the 88 degrees Caribbean Sea. The condo is walking distance to the markets for food and alcohol, two incredible restaurants, and the lagoon that has amazing snorkeling. Our stay at the condo couldn't have been better. We are already planning our next vacation here.
5/5* "Amazing!!" by Dakota M., Mar 2017, VRBO
The view was breathtaking!! We had an amazing time.
5/5* Outstanding Condo Overlooking Half Moon Bay" by Michael R., Jan 2017, VRBO
We had a great time at this condo #6 in Akumal. As advertised, this recently renovated condo is beautiful and has everything you need. The best part is the view from the deck. Sunrises were spectacular and the view was great throughout the day. The owner is very responsive and answered all questions promptly. The Manager and Staff on site were also excellent. The Beach was beautiful and the ocean was very good for a snorkel - just pick a good place to enter and exit the Bay. Nearby, Lagoon Yal-Ku was a delight and the short walk to La Buena Vida Restaurant was rewarded with delicious fish tacos and great margaritas. Akumal Bay is next door. Tulum, Xel-Ha and many other must-see places are only minutes away. We highly recommend this condo for couples.