11 Sep 2017
Akumal Direct team has been exploring again. This time we decided to visit some of the hidden cenotes in the Puerto Morelos area.
A good friend of ours recommended that we should explore and travel west of Puerto Morelos along La Ruta de los Cenote trail that extends approximately 35 km towards Leona Vicario.
This route offers a great opportunity to visit a large variety of underground cenotes and rivers that connect to each other. Some Maya owned parks include activities such as diving, snorkeling, zip line, ATV excursions and relaxing in the primary tropical forest.
Some of the cenotes you can visit are:
- The Mojarras Cenote
- Cenote Seven Mouths (Siete Bocas)
- Cenote Mouth of the Puma
- Cenote Verde Lucero
- Chilam Balam
- La Noria (Three Kings)
- Cenote Zapote
We have decided to visit Cenote Siete Bocas (Seven mouths) that has seven entrances to the underwater river system.
The whole experience was magical! Taking the ladder down through the tropical foliage and rock formation to the blue pool of water below was breathtaking! Once we entered the water a slim shaft of light illuminated the massive stalactites and made the water look beautiful and clear.
- 7 cenote Boca entries - 1,2,3,4 and 5 are for snorkeling. Boca 6 and 7 are designated for diving.
- Suggested Duration: 2-3 hours - Suitable for adults and children over 6. Not suitable for toddlers or small children.
- Admission: $25.00 US per person. Nationals 300 pesos, Locals $250 pesos.
- Facilities: Bathroom, changing area, shade palapas with chairs and hammocks are available for guest use.
- What to bring? Bathing suit, Drinks, snacks, insect repellent, beach towel. Snorkel gear and life jackets can be rented
- km 15, Selva Caribe/Ruta de los Cenotes | Central Vallarta, West Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico
Please contact our concierge for our list of recommended guides who service this area.